This is the Instant Pot recipe that your family will LOVE! Instant Pot Lasagna Soup has all the goodness of traditional lasagna, in a soup. It is a lot easier than traditional lasagna, but has all the flavor and it is much lower in fat. Plus, it is a perfect weeknight dinner. Can you believe everything is made right in the Instant Pot? It is! And, that includes the pasta.
One of the things I like best about the Instant Pot is that almost everything I make in it is a one pot meal. And, this Instant Pot Lasagna Soup is no exception. The meat and veggies are sautéed first, then everything but the cheese goes right into the pot.
If you have been on the fence about getting a pressure cooker, then keep reading. You may have noticed that I have been writing about the Instant Pot for a while now. Not only recipes, but I have a tutorial on the basics here and one on easy tips and hacks here. Although I love my slow cooker, the Instant Pot is another “must have” small kitchen appliance.
To add more nutrition to this Lasagna Soup recipe, it is pretty easy to sneak in some hidden veggies. I would suggest adding chopped zucchini or spinach, along with the tomatoes. And, don’t be afraid of using a lower fat sausage, such as chicken or turkey sausage.
To round out the meal, a loaf of French bread would be perfect to serve with this soup.
So, let’s get pressure cooking!
Instant Pot Lasagna Soup Recipe
Instant Pot Lasagna Soup
- 1 pound mild Italian sausage or ground beef
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 28 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 16 oz. can tomato sauce
- 4 cups chicken broth or stock
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 box of regular lasagna noodles broken into chunks
- 3 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 oz. ricotta cheese
- Parmesan cheese for garnish.
- Using the “sauté” mode on the instant pot, add sausage, onion and bell pepper. Cook, stirring frequently until sausage is cooked through and onion is soft.
- Add minced garlic and cook, stirring, for about 1 minute.
- The add tomatoes, tomato sauce, broth, water, seasonings, and broken noodles. Gently stir together. Do not fill the instant pot past the “max” line.
- Secure the lid of the Instant pot and seal the pressure valve.
- Press the “manual” button with “high pressure” and set time for 4 minutes.
- Once pressure cycle is done, let it sit for ten minutes with a natural pressure release. After ten minutes, twist the steam valve to “vent” and allow it to quickly release pressure.
- Carefully open instant pot. Drop in the ricotta cheese into the soup and let it melt in as you stir.
- Serve with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
How easy is that? This Instant Pot Lasagna Soup is a guaranteed family favorite! Everyone will not only clean their bowl, they will want seconds.
Check out my other Instant Pot Recipes:
https://www.thefeatherednester.com/instant-pot-loaded-potato-casserole/ https://www.thefeatherednester.com/instant-pot-chicken-posole/ https://www.thefeatherednester.com/instant-pot-chicken-tortilla-soup/
Here are my favorite models of the Instant Pot: